[{"id":"9","codename":"bina","image":"bina.png","display_in_menu":"1","display_content":"1","hasContent":"1","locname_en":"Anderson Hall (The Faculty of Arts and Sciences)","parent":"5","sinir_id":null,"points":"(41.08377278632985, 29.051304906606674)","images":"\/images\/and1.jpg,\/images\/and2.jpg,\/images\/and3.jpg"},{"id":"18","codename":"sinir","image":"sinir.png","display_in_menu":"0","display_content":"1","hasContent":"0","locname_en":"","parent":"5","sinir_id":null,"points":"(41.08493595015571, 29.046815810489647):(41.08482273608826, 29.04678362398147):(41.08449926624931, 29.046880183506005):(41.083189197119204, 29.04726642160415):(41.08285763227217, 29.04828566102981):(41.082950632337095, 29.048312483119958):(41.08292637146327, 29.04847878007888):(41.08281315393372, 29.04847878007888):(41.08281315393372, 29.04849487333297):(41.082865719239564, 29.049605307865136):(41.08245732614253, 29.049658952045434):(41.082028712836056, 29.049444375324242):(41.081503051191085, 29.0495087483406):(41.08062963485371, 29.049589214611046):(41.08072668168659, 29.049632129955285):(41.080823728376195, 29.050147114086144):(41.080451715287886, 29.050168571758263):(41.08012013663002, 29.05021685152053):(41.08001095792537, 29.05027586011886):(41.08007565643891, 29.05046897916793):(41.08012013663002, 29.050635276126854):(41.08067815828806, 29.05052798776626):(41.08072668168659, 29.05071037797927):(41.08102186492251, 29.050699649143212):(41.08132109041131, 29.05070501356124):(41.08219854108431, 29.05100005655288):(41.08228345504387, 29.050951776790612):(41.08231175967268, 29.05103224306106):(41.08222280222682, 29.0514721253395):(41.082073191705405, 29.051831541347497):(41.08159200961115, 29.051863727855675):(41.081753751884655, 29.052410898494713):(41.08186697123925, 29.052325067806237):(41.08205701757458, 29.052566466617577):(41.08200040808535, 29.052936611461632):(41.082259193923754, 29.053306756305687):(41.08233602077336, 29.05322629003524):(41.08244923912489, 29.052845416355126):(41.08261906628646, 29.052920518207543):(41.08297084972508, 29.053355036067956):(41.08340350033762, 29.053837833690636):(41.08345606517126, 29.05396657972335):(41.083524803736424, 29.05421870737075):(41.08340350033762, 29.05446547060012):(41.08339945688713, 29.054540572452538):(41.08368654125319, 29.05470150499343):(41.08351267340661, 29.054889259624474):(41.08351267340661, 29.05498045473098):(41.08392105994549, 29.05499654798507):(41.08422835903408, 29.055323777484887):(41.08428092320794, 29.055355963993065):(41.08440222498716, 29.05523258237838):(41.08510172754545, 29.054165063190453):(41.0853160245271, 29.054122147846215):(41.08551010420932, 29.053902206706994):(41.08559097057438, 29.053633985805504):(41.08573652978077, 29.053371129322045):(41.08561118715011, 29.052872238445275):(41.085663750217876, 29.052834687519066):(41.08570418331831, 29.05273812799453):(41.085995300907065, 29.052791772174828):(41.08601956064792, 29.05324238328933):(41.08609233981673, 29.05323165445327):(41.08606403681622, 29.052689848232262):(41.086654354016716, 29.052405534076684):(41.08656540244914, 29.05176180391311):(41.0867635216851, 29.051348743724816):(41.08655731593703, 29.04976624040603):(41.085461584342504, 29.047379074382775):(41.0853160245271, 29.047073302555077):(41.08518663775387, 29.04697674303054):(41.085093640853216, 29.046933827686303):(41.084879343146376, 29.047089395809166):(41.08475399888071, 29.046939192104333)","images":""}]

Perkins Hall, the new Engineering Building, was designed by Professor Aptullah Kuran. This building, dedicated to the memory of George W.Perkins, a former trustee of the College, was inaugurated in May 1963 during the Centennial Celebrations of the College. Today it is the School of Engineering including the Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering departments.

The Ataturk Institute For Modern Turkish History

Being established in 1975, Bogaziçi University Computer Center is interested in all computer, network and internet services.

This building was designed by Professor Alfred Dwight Foster Hamlin, Cyrus Hamlin's eldest son, and built of blue limestone cut from the campus quarry. At the Faculty meeting on November 22, 1904, it was decided that the building in which Albert Long had taught since its completion in 1891 hitherto called Science Hall should be renamed Albert Long Hall. It was furnished by Mrs. Davies, the sister of Mrs. Van Millingen. The Chemistry Department was in the basement, the library and the Department of Physics on the first floor and the upper storey was used as an auditorium. One of the five most famous organs of the world, donated by Mr. Cleveland H. Dodge in 1914, is housed on this floor.

The Bogazici University Cultural Center (Albert Long Hall) houses two lecture rooms and an assembly hall with a seating capacity of 479 and is regularly used for conferences, concerts, and public meetings.

South Campus
North Campus
The Science and Engineering Building, opened in 1984, houses laboratories, seminar rooms, and offices for faculty as well as seminar rooms. Physics, Chemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering laboratories are also located in this building.

The Aptullah Kuran Library is host to the central library collections. The Aptullah Kuran Library was stated in 1863 with 200 law books donated by the Harvard Law School. The present building, which was completed in 1982, holds 450.000 volumes in English, Turkish, French, German and other languages. The Audio-Visual Center maintains a selected collection of films, slides, tapes, and records. Individual facilities are available for listening to phonograph records. The Audio-Visual theater, which seats 50, is available for faculty and student activities for the purpose of showing films or slides. The Library also has a Braille collection featuring reference books, text books, novels and periodicals.

Web site: http://www.library.boun.edu.tr

Anderson Hall or the Arts and Sciences Building as it is called today was also completed in 1913. This dormitory-classroom building was constructed with the funds bequeathed to the College by John S.Kennedy and was named after Professor Charles Anderson because of his long service to the College (1869-1918). Today it is used as a classroom-office building; it is the Arts and Sciences Faculty.

Hisar Campus
Uçak Savar Campus
Kilyos Campus
Kandilli Campus
Indoor Swimming Pool and Fitness Center
Uçaksavar Sport Complex
Astronomy Laboratory
1. Kilyos (South) Dormitory Building

Orta Kantin

The Rectorate

The Van Millingen Library, which also housed administrative offices, was completed in 1932. It is said to be the first modern library in Turkey. The Van Millingen Library houses offices for the Rector, Vice-Rectors plus the General Secreteriat, Personnel, Research and Planning Offices.

Student Activities Building

Henrietta Washburn Hall or the Social Hall, it is called today, was financed by Mr. Cleveland H. Dodge. It was completed in 1914 and named after Henrietta Loraine Washburn, daughter of Cyrus Hamlin and wife of George Washburn. Used as a recreational hall by the students, it contains a theater, lounges, club rooms and a canteen. The Gymnasium and Social Hall (Henrietta Washburn Hall), housing a theater, is the center of student athletic and extracurricular activities. Dodge Gymnasium was constructed of the blue limestone quarried on the campus. It was financed by Cleveland H.Dodge, Chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1909 until 1926, and his father, William E. Dodge. For many years it was the first modern gymnasium in Europe and had the only indoors running track in Turkey. The first basketball game in Turkey was played here in 1908.

A Preparatory Department was essential to the College's work. During that time Miss Stokes and her sister Caroline visited the College in 1891 and shown an interest in the work. She spent 49.000 $ on the building and furnishing of this building. It covers an area of 6.500 square feet and including the basement and the mansard roof was 5 storeys high. The new preparatory building instead of being called Stokes Hall was opened in the fall of 1902 as Theodorus Hall, THE GIFT OF GOD. It contained all the rooms necessary for a complete boarding department with 75 boarders and 100 day students and their teachers. Today it is used as a women's residence hall.

Mithat Alam Film Center

The Mithat Alam Film Center for Film Studies is a unit within Bogazici University, founded in 1999 through private donation. After the completion of its building, located on the South Campus, the Center started functioning in December 2000. The Center also includes an auditorium with a capacity of 61 seats. Here, regular retrospectives focusing on the works of famous directors and actors as well as different genres and countries are held throughout academic semesters.

School of Economics and Administrative Sciences

Washburn Hall or the present-day Economics and Administrative Sciences Building was financed by Mrs. William E.Dodge, the widow of Mr. William E.Dodge. This classroom-office building was completed in 1906 and named after President George Washburn who had resigned from the presidency in 1903. Washburn Hall, like the other buildings constructed before the First World War, was built of the blue limestone quarried on the campus. At one time it contained the offices of President, Dean, Registrar and Treasurer, a Museum, THE ONLY NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM IN TURKEY and a biological laboratory. The top floors, that is, the fifth floor and half of the fourth floor, once housed a Natural History Museum of great value. It is now The Administrative Sciences Building housing the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences including Economics, Management, Political Science and International Relations departments. To protect the pathway from Hamlin Hall to Washburn in stormy weather, a covered ramp was provided.

John Freely Hall
Web Sites:



Gates Hall(General Administration Building)

The construction of the Engineering Building, subsequently called Gates Hall, began in 1910, but only the west wing was finished by 1912. Initially, it was designed to be U-shaped but later this plan was abandoned. Due to the Balkan Wars, World War I and the establishment of the new Turkish Republic, the building, as it stands today, was completed in 1931. It is four storeys high and planned to follow the slope of the hill so that each floor has its own separate entrance. Built with money provided by the will of the late John Stuart Kennedy, the plan was designed by John. R. Allen of the University of Michigan. It was the Engineering building. It is now administration building. The Administration Building (Gates Hall), houses the Registrar's Office, Communications Office, Financial Office, Post Office and Business Office.

Natuk Birkan Building

This building is called Natuk Birkan and it's construction started at June 9th, 2000 during the direction of the rector Prof. Sabih Tansal. The building was opened to service after being completed with the support of Bogazici University, Bogazici University Foundation, H. Ibrahim Bodur and Oya Eczacibasi and in August 3rd, 2004.

Men's Dormitory(Hamlin Hall)

Built in the form of a Turkish Han (Inn), it is now men's dormitory. Designed and built under the supervision of Hamlin, the corner stone was laid on July 4, 1869, with a ceremony that included many distinguished guests. Dr.Hamlin personally attended to the smallest details regarding the construction. He analyzed the mortar used for the Rumelihisar Castle and made the same for his building which was designed like an old Turkish inn or caravanserai with an open courtyard in the center. Hamlin Hall was completed in 1871. A large, one-storey building was added at the back of Hamlin Hall in 1873 but was pulled down when Washburn Hall was constructed thirty years later. During the presidency of Dr. Caleb Frank Gates (1903-1932), Hamlin Hall was renovated. Today, it is used as men's dormitory.


The University Infirmary houses a polyclinic and dental clinic staffed by specialists in various branches of medicine to meet the health needs of the students and personnel of the University.Examinations, laboratory tests, vaccinations, small surgical procedures, wound dressing, injections, IV applications, and observation are among the services offered.

Web Site: http://medikososyal.boun.edu.tr/
Sloane Hall (Departments of Psychology and Sociology)
Web site of Sociology Department: http://www.soc.boun.edu.tr/. Web site of Psychology Department: http://www.psychology.boun.edu.tr/
Hülya Bozkurt Fine Arts Studio
Institue of Biomedical Engineering
Daycare Center

Telecommunications and Informatics Technologies Research Center has been established by 41 founding members as a unit of Boğaziçi University Rectorate on September 6, 2013 with the goals,

Click here to visit TETAM web site.
Museum(Van Millingen-Huntington -Scott House - Heritage Museum)

Istanbul's Asiyan Museum was established in the house of the renowned poet, Tevfik Fikret. It was purchased by the city in 1940 with the aim of establishing a literary museum. The poet's remains were reinterred on the museum's grounds in 1961. On the ground floor, one can see photos pertaining to the literary movement Edebiyat-i; Cedide, the personal effects and library of Nigar Hanim, one of the first Turkish woman poets, memorabilia of the poet Abdülhak Hamit Tarhan and two oil paintings by the last Caliph Abdülmecid. The upper floor is devoted to artwork and memorabilia concerning Tevfik Fikret himself.

The wooden mansion overlooking the Bosphorus was built by the poet's own hands. On display are many of the poet's several possessions as well as a painting "Sis" (Fog) by Abdülmecid, who was inspired by Tevfik Fikret's poem of that name.

Kennedy Lodge

John Steward Kennedy, Chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1895 until 1919, gave generously to the College. In 1891, a house for the President of the College was built with his donations. A large house with a marvelous view of the Bosphorus, Kennedy Lodge, as it was called, was the Presidential residence from 1891, when the Washburns moved in, until 1971, when Dr. John Scott Everton departed from the College. Today the ground floor is used as dining-room for teachers, the upper floors as a guest house and the basement as a restaurant Furthermore, all kinds of social gatherings are held here.

School of Foreign Languages - Administration
Web Site: http://www.yadyok.boun.edu.tr
Little GYM
Technology Transfer Office
Alumni Office
Classroom Park I
Classroom Park II
School of Foreign Languages

It contains the classrooms of School of Foreign Languages whose center is in the South Campus. Some courses are given here. This building is opened in 1975.

Web Site: http://www.yadyok.boun.edu.tr
The Faculty of Education

The Faculty of Education Building, which started functioning in 1982 has classrooms of various sizes, as well as offices for the staff of the Faculty of Education. The Computer Education and Educational Technology, Educational Sciences, Foreign Language Education, Primary Education, Secondary School Science & Mathematics Education departments are located in this faculty.

II. Student Dormitories
Computer Engineering Building
ETA-B Block
North Park Building
III. North Dorm
New Hall
Building Operation
Civil Engineering Laboratories and Centre of Polymer.
High Current Laboratory
Block A
Block B
Block C
Block D
Block E
Garanti Cultural Center
Indoor Sports Hall
Life Long Learning Center(BÜYEM)
Uçaksavar Dorm
Yabancı Diller Yüksekokulu - YADYOK
2. Kilyos Dorm
1. Kilyos (North) Dormitory Building
IV. North Dorm
Fatin Gökmen Conference Hall
Sun Tower
Department of Earthquake Engineering

The Earthquake Engineering Department (EED) is a department in Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI) at Bogazici University (BU) in Istanbul.

Being established in 1868, KOERI (then, Imperial Observatory) has a tradition of science that encompasses the initiation of the formal meteorological observations in 1911 and also the start of the systematic seismological measurements in 1926 in the country. After annexation to Bogazici University (originally founded in 1863 in Istanbul as Robert College), KOERI has evolved into a multidisciplinary earthquake research organization providing graduate education under the Earthquake Engineering, Geophysics and Geodesy departments and encompassing earthquake observation, research and application services within a single, integrated body. The National Earthquake Observation Center of KOERI provides seismological observation services with its continuously expanding network distributed throughout Turkey. Currently, the 102-station network is operational with on-line connections. For the observation of seismicity in Northeast Turkey (Marmara) region 43 stations are used in several network configurations. Other stations, including 13 broadband stations are distributed throughout the country.

EED has started its activities in 1989 as a graduate department under KOERI of BU. The overall mandate of the department is to conduct graduate level training, research and implementation that will contribute to seismically safer structures, systems and environment. The department is the first and only academic unit in Turkey that can provide graduate level training on Earthquake Engineering leading to M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Earthquake Engineering.

Earthquake Engineering can be viewed as a multi-phased process that ranges from the description of earthquake source process to seismic disaster mitigation procedures. Earthquake response analysis of site and structures and the assessment of the strong ground motion that will emanate from an earthquake constitute the two main ingredients of the discipline. The emphasis of our academic activities are placed on: Earthquake hazard and risk analysis; Development of urban earthquake damage scenarios; Characteristics of strong earthquake ground motion; Site and soil response analysis; Earthquake response of buildings, historical monuments, industrial facilities, bridges and dams; Soil-structure interaction; Dynamic testing of small-scale model and prototype structures; Retrofitting and post earthquake strengthening of structures; Damage evaluation and earthquake insurance; and the Development of earthquake resistant design codes.

KOERI-EED has played a leading role in Turkey for the advancement of the earthquake risk mitigation by taking part in the various National Committees (i.e. Turkish National Earthquake Council in the preparation of the report on National Strategies for Mitigating Earthquake Damage) in the nationally funded projects (i.e. Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Earthquake Master Plan).

The Department of Earthquake Engineering enjoys close ties and exchange of students and faculty with relevant institutions throughout the world. These include several international organisations, university research centers and government establishments.

Web Sitesi: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/depremmuh/
Geodesy Department

Geodesy is the discipline that deals with the measurement and representation of earth, including its gravity field, in a three dimensional time varying space.
The major geodetic goals may be summarized as follows:
- Establishment and maintenance of local, regional, national, continental, and global three dimensional global networks.
- Measurements and representation of three dimensional phenomena (polar motion, spinning, earth tides, plate motion, local crustal deformations, etc.)
- Determination of actual gravity field of the earth including temporal variations.

Website: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/jeodezi/en/
Department of Geophysics

Geophysics department at Boğaziçi University, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute gives the highest priority to original research with the aim of promoting young researchers and scientists reflecting the mobility of the modern science and the fast progress in technology within their research, together with the essential human qualities such as environmental awareness and preservation of the nature, while identifying and providing solutions in the part of the world we

Web Sitesi: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/jeofizik/defaulte.htm
Geomagnetism Laboratory
Web Sitesi: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/jeoman
Department of Geophysics

Geophysics department at Boğaziçi University, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute gives the highest priority to original research with the aim of promoting young researchers and scientists reflecting the mobility of the modern science and the fast progress in technology within their research, together with the essential human qualities such as environmental awareness and preservation of the nature, while identifying and providing solutions in the part of the world we

Web Sitesi: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/jeofizik/defaulte.htm
Regional Earthquake Monitoring Center
Magnetic Observation Station
Meteorological Laboratory

Web site: http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/meteoroloji/
Kandilli Campus Dining Hall
Geodetic and Magnetic Observation Station
Kilyos Indoor Sports Hall
3. Kilyos Dorm
Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Subway Station (M6)
Nafi Baba Building
Feza Gürsey Building

Çarşı Canteen

Teras Kantin

North Canteen


Office of International Relations

Institue of Social Sciences
Etiler Subway Station (M6)
North Campus Dining Hall
Hisar Campus Dining Hall
Sarıtepe Campus Dining Hall
South Campus Dining Hall
Lorem İpsum